Saturday 3 March 2012

Truly Madly Vintage.

I've been a bit of a busy bee recently! What with working my normal day job, Wonderful Women meetings in London and business planning. But I did spare one day to model for a photo shoot with vintage clothing shop Truly Madly Vintage. =) Sadly their store in Chelmsford Town has closed down after three years, and rather than quit the business they have chosen to open up their shop online. For the launch of their new website, they wanted two models, both a man and woman to represent either the female clothing or male clothing on their homepage. The photographer for the day was my good friend Louise Thomas - Find her blog here. As well as being the photographer she was also the stylist for the shoot. There wasn't really a brief at all for the shoot, other than the clothes worn had to be from Truly Madly Vintage and the hair had to be subtle. Even though they only wanted one female model, both me and my twin sister Chelsea Watson modelled for them and then they were going to choose the best picture, and whoever was successful would be the new model. Both me and my sister did our make up ourselves. I have never modelled before so the shoot was pretty interesting and awful at the same time! It took a few hours to do, but after the long drive home we decided to treat ourselves to a nice little shop up ;)

I haven't received the pictures back yet from the shoot, but I'm eager to see how awful / funny they are!

 These are the only images I have from the shoot.



Miss Chelsea Watson wearing TMV, Rockalily Lipstick in ZOMG and my glasses from Vanitys Vintage
Me wearing TMV, Rockalily Lipstick in ZOMG, hair bow from Little Miss Delicious and my glasses again. I look strange as my eyebrows are so light!
 Sadly for me, I wasn't chosen. I lost out to my sister. Sibling rivalry or what! I'm okay about it though, as my pictures were nowhere near as nice as hers. And I look strangely really young, which is weird. But here is the finished website Truly Madly Vintage. They have some lovely items and really are darlings! Please help them out by buying stuff :)

Gypsy xxx

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comments about TMV - we will defintely be looking for models for more shoots in the future so we'll get in touch via Louise. We'll also be using more of the pictures Louise took so you will be on the site very soon ;-) Lots of love, Philippa @ TMV xxx

    ReplyDelete