Sunday 18 March 2012

Review of Vanitys Vintage.

A few months ago I attended "Hooga Christmas Boutique" which was a rockabilly evening hosted at a local bar in Chelmsford. It was a chance for local rockabilly girls and guys to come together and spend an evening sipping glorious cocktails from teapots and swing dancing! I originally blogged about it here.
Dozens of pop up stalls came along to the event in order to promote themselves and offer their wears! Including Make do and mend, Truly Madly Vintage and Vanitys Vintage.

While there I bought these amazing vintage glasses. I fell in love with them straight away, I couldn't resist!

Since December my beautys have had the occasional outing, as fashion props only. But I finally got off my bum, had my eyes retested and got them prescribed. The fantastic thing about Vanitys Vintage is that apart from sourcing and selling a wide range of stunning vintage glasses, Vicky, the brains behind the business also offers a lens fitting service. For an incredibly reasonable price, Vicky will put in lenses of your choice, once you have emailed her your prescription.

Seeing that we both live in grand ole Essex, Vicky kindly agreed to come and pick up my glasses herself from my home, which was ridiculously kind of her and really helped me lot, as I can't drive! So after taking my printed prescription, and measuring my pupil distance, she whisked them away in order to work her magic. Less than a week later they were ready! I couldn't believe how fast it all was, I was incredibly impressed!

So after cheekily persuading my sisters boyfriend to go and collect them from Vicky's husband, I finally had my babys back! And as if the amazing service I had already received wasn't enough, Vanitys Vintage really earned themselves brownie points by going one step further with the packaging. I expected to just get my glasses back, in their case with my lovely new lenses fitted. Instead this is what I received.


 Both cases were beautifully wrapped in black tissue paper with ribbons tied round them. Also included were two business leaflets, and business cards, and inside the case, my glasses, prescription and old lenses.
I cannot express how lovely it is to be able to see again with my new specs, something you totally take for granted, when you don't have glasses! ( I lost my last ones, as I'm useless.) I must admit I've literally worn my glasses every single day since, even though I only need them for things like driving, watching tv and computers. I've had lots of lovely compliments too which is ace!
Me being part of the vintage specs gang!
So, if you ever fancy buying your own vintage reading glasses or sunglasses, I cannot recommend Vanitys Vintage any higher. Find the website here
Buying from them really has been an absolute pleasure, and something I am bound to do again. I even have my eyes on another pair! Every single part of the process has been handled with the highest level of customer service possible, and has made me a very happy bunny!

Now I have found that once you go vintage, you never go back ;)

Gypsy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment