Wednesday 17 October 2012

Another short year.

It's my birthday tomorrow. I'm very physiological at best, but anniversary's/ birthdays and all that jazz, make me think even more. It sounds pretty weird but this is the first birthday in five years that I haven't been with a significant other. I'm fine being on my own, but it is very strange! Has made me think fondly and remember just how lovely people were. I used to get spoiled and told dead on 12, to have a lovely birthday. It's sweet romantic things like that, that I will remember forever, no matter how old I get.

I started 20 years of age, alive in the glory of 'safeness'. The year ended and everything had fallen apart a bit. So I thought, screw being miserable! Instead I took up burlesque lessons and learnt how to pole dance. I joined an amazing group of women to help start up my own business. I began blogging, tweeting and turned all seriously 'vintage'. I saw some amazing bands and met some seriously amazing people. I lost a dear friend, but realised what i want in life. I got promoted at work and learnt to like myself a little bit. I've started drawing and singing again which is awesome and I've had people go from those I work with, to seriously good friends.

I'm not really celebrating my birthday this year, due to total lack of plans, but I'm definitely going to make it my favourite age, and the age I become exactly who I want to be. I've got some pretty ace people around me and they make me very very happy. One day at a time. By the time I turn 22 I will have my life in order and will alive in the glory of life. This is my life, might as well start living it!

No comments:

Post a Comment